Monday, September 10, 2007

I started this blog hoping that it would keep me accountable to making time for the things that give me satisfaction. I think that is very important for anyone (making time for themselves) but I have learned the hard way that it is particularly important for moms with young children because you never seem to have a moment to yourself and when you do there are a thousand things crying out for your attention.

Anyway, I sat down yesterday to plan out my Christmas list. Yes, I am rather chronically organized and I start thinking about gifts in September. I decided this year that most of my gifts are going to be packs of handmade cards. So I made the list to see how many I needed to make. Wow - should have started this list earlier! I came up with needing 108 cards!! If I only give myself October and November to do them, that means making about 3 cards per day. We're talking some serious cardmaking! So now I am even more inspired to make better use of my time. I am going to try to make my first card tonight and post it tomorrow.

No comments: