Sunday, September 16, 2007

Distressing Inks, Free Spirit Stamp

When I started this blog, I was hoping that it would motivate me to post a new creation every day or at least every other day. Well, that part isn't going so well! The good news is that I finished a card and a scrapbook page today! I'm still playing with ways to photograph my stuff. The general consensus is that you need bright light and a macro setting on the camera and no flash. Problem is, I can't turn the flash off in macro setting on my camera (Canon EOS Rebel). So I guess I don't have enough light. Another project to work on!


Last week I got to go to a class by my CTMH Consultant to play with the new distressing brush kit and distress chalk inks. Fun fun! I pulled those out today along with the Free Spirit stamp from CTMH to create this simple layout about my daughter's baptism. I don't know if you can tell from the pictures but I used the distress inks on the edges of the cardstock and also on the edges of the title block.



This was a simple card for a good friend of mine who loves tea. I found a teacup pattern on the net and printed it on plain cardstock and then just used that as a template. The Free Spirit flourish stamp was already inked up and I liked the way it turned out. Inside I used some cute Susan Branch tea stickers.

No comments: